top of page
sig 3.jpg

                                                 Portuguese            Products          Training


Our Mission: Finding Solutions for Your Family and Business.

Welcome to our firm, where we provide comprehensive tax preparation services for individuals and businesses, meticulous 1099 processing, efficient payroll processing, and detailed bookkeeping. Our expertise ensures compliance and maximizes financial efficiency for our clients across the United States.

Excellence in Tax Services and Tax Preparation in the USA

At CKMS, we are specialists in tax preparation and filing for both individuals and businesses in the United States. Our multilingual team offers services in English, Portuguese, Spanish, and French, aiming to demystify the tax process and ensure our clients are fully compliant with their fiscal obligations.

We stand out in the market for our commitment to quality, including offering convenient online tax preparation services. Understanding the demands of tax season, we are available seven days a week, ensuring our clients can reach us at their convenience.

As a participant in the IRS E-File system, CKMS guarantees efficient and accurate electronic filing of your tax returns. Rely on us for a streamlined, transparent, and accessible tax filing experience.


We Are Passionate About Entrepreneurship: Your Journey to Financial Independence Starts Here with Us

At CKMS, we are dedicated to supporting those ready to take their first step into the business world. From choosing the right business model to obtaining necessary licenses and registrations, we provide comprehensive guidance.

Whether you're looking to start your first business, expand your existing venture, or even pivot to a new industry, we are here to assist you in making it happen. No matter the challenge, our team is committed to helping you succeed.

New business filings

The Leading Authority in ITIN Number Issuance in the United States, Brazil, and Portugal


Since 2016, our company has established itself as a leading authority in issuing ITIN Numbers in the United States and Brazil. As an IRS Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA), we are equipped to process ITIN numbers quickly, securely, and efficiently.

Simplified and Secure Process
As an IRS CAA, we have the unique ability to initiate the ITIN application process without the need to retain our clients' passports. This means you can complete your application and return home with your passport safely in hand, while we take care of the rest.

Assisting Families and Foreign Investors
Over the years, we have assisted more than 5,000 families and foreign investors in obtaining their ITIN Number, thereby establishing their fiscal identities in the United States.

A Wide Range of Services Beyond Tax Season

At CKMS, our commitment to our clients extends beyond tax season. Outside of tax time, we broaden our services to meet a wider array of your needs. We offer a diverse range of translation services and vehicle assistance, ensuring quality and professionalism in every service.

Professional Translation Services
We understand the importance of accurately translated documents for a variety of needs. Our expert team is here to provide translations for Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Vaccination Cards, Financial Reports, and more. You can rely on us for precise and professional translations.

Vehicle Registration and Education Program
In addition to translation services, CKMS is also your go-to source for vehicle-related services. We assist with vehicle registration (MVA) processes, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience. Plus, we offer a 3-Hour Alcohol & Drug Education Program, designed to provide essential information and education for drivers.


Whether it's tax season or not, CKMS is dedicated to offering a range of essential services to cater to your diverse needs.

Notary Stamps

Caroline Knight's Entrepreneurial Journey from Brazil to the USA

Eighteen years ago, Caroline Knight embarked on an entrepreneurial adventure, leaving the beautiful shores of Ceará, Brazil, for the United States. Today, as the founder and CEO of CKMS, she is a beacon of hope and change for her clients, driven by her profound expertise in tax knowledge, financial organization, and unwavering commitment to entrepreneurship.

Caroline's exceptional organizational skills have led her to assemble a multidisciplinary team at CKMS, dedicated to finding comprehensive solutions for a wide range of business needs.

"Being able to offer such a diverse array of quality services under one roof is not just the fulfillment of a dream, but a testament to my dedication to the community I have served for over a decade."

We invite you to explore the services at CKMS and discover how we can contribute to your professional growth and development.


We have the answers you need

Can I get a transcript or copy of Form W2 and/or 1099 from the IRS? Correct, but an actual copy of your Form W-2 is only available if you submitted it with a paper tax return: Transcript • You can get a wage and income transcript, containing the Federal tax information your employer reported to the Social Security Administration (SSA), by visiting our Get Your Tax Record page. Refer to Transcript Types and Ways to Order Them and About the New Tax Transcript: FAQs for more information. • You can also use Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. Check the box for Form W-2, specify which tax year(s) you need, and mail or fax the completed form. Allow 10 business days from the IRS received date to receive the transcript. Note: Wage and income transcripts are available for up to 10 years but current tax year information may not be complete until July. This transcript doesn't include any state or local tax information reported by your employer to SSA on Form W-2. Copy • If you e-filed your tax return or you didn't attach your Form W-2 to your paper return, then use one of the transcript options above. Otherwise, you'll need to contact your employer or SSA for a copy. • The quickest way to obtain a copy of your current year Form W-2 is through your employer. Your employer first submits Form W-2 to SSA; after SSA processes it, they transmit the federal tax information to the IRS. • If you can't get your Form W-2 from your employer and you previously attached it to your paper tax return, you can order a copy of the entire return from the IRS for a fee. Complete and mail Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return along with the required fee. Allow 75 calendar days for us to process your request. We will waive the fee for taxpayers impacted by a federally declared disaster or a significant fire. (For more information, see Publication 2194, Disaster Resource Guide for Individuals and Businesses.

What if I entered the correct account and routing numbers, but the IRS made a mistake while depositing my refund? Contact an IRS customer service representative to correct any agency errors by calling 800-829-1040. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, unless otherwise noted (see telephone assistance for more information). Unfortunately, this may result in you receiving a paper check.

I lost my refund check. How can I get a new one? If you lost your refund check, you should initiate a refund trace: • Call at 800-829-1954 (toll-free) and either use the automated system or speak with an agent. • However, if you filed a married filing jointly return, you can’t initiate a trace using the automated systems. Download and complete the Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund PDF or the IRS can send you a Form 3911 to get the replacement process started. Your claim for a missing refund is processed one of two ways: • If the check wasn't cashed, you'll receive a replacement check once the original check is canceled. • If the refund check was cashed, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) will provide you with a claim package that includes a copy of the cashed check. Follow the instructions for completing the claim package. BFS will review your claim and the signature on the canceled check before determining whether they can issue you a replacement check. The BFS review can take up to six weeks to complete.

What's is the difference between a Form W2 and Form 1099? Although these forms are called information returns, they serve different functions. Employers use Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement to: • Report wages, tips, and other compensation paid to an employee. • Report the employee's income and social security taxes withheld and other information. Employers furnish the Form W-2 to the employee and the Social Security Administration. The Social Security Administration shares the information with the Internal Revenue Service. Payers use Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Information or Form 1099-NEC, Nonemployee Compensation to: • Report payments made of at least $600 in the course of a trade or business to a person who's not an employee for services (Form 1099-NEC). • Report payments of $10 or more made in the course of a trade or business in gross royalties or payments of $600 or more made in the course of a trade or business in rents or for other specified purposes (Form 1099-MISC). • Report payment information to the IRS and the person or business that received the payment.

Is there an age limit to claim my child as depependent? To claim your child as your dependent, your child must meet either the qualifying child test or the qualifying relative test: To meet the qualifying child test, your child must be younger than you and either younger than 17 years old or be a "student" younger than 24 years old as of the end of the calendar year. There's no age limit if your child is "permanently and totally disabled" or meets the qualifying relative test. In addition to meeting the qualifying child or qualifying relative test, you can claim that person as a dependent only if these three tests are met: 1. Dependent taxpayer test 2. Citizen or resident test, and 3. Joint return test


12106 Heritage Park Circle

Silver Spring MD 20906

301 - 933 - 4724

Join our mailing list

Thanks for subscribing!

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram
bottom of page